Monday, June 04, 2007

Colorado Hail Storm

Hey guys, I planted my tomato and pepper plants into their comfy little veggie beds about 2 weeks ago and since then we keep getting hail storms. It is so annoying! My poor little babies are all broken and beat down, I am not sure if they will survive. I finally remembered what saved all my plants last year was buckets. My garden looked like I was growing buckets but I don't care, it saved my plants from the horrible winds and hail storms. So I am getting out there today and getting buckets around all my plants.
That is actually the reason I am writing this morning, to let you all know that if you have problems with wind, driving rain, or hail, just take a 5 gallon bucket and cut the bottom out. Place it over your plants and they will thank you for it. the open top lets the sunlight in so you won't have to worry about stunted growth and the sides of the bucket offer a little shade to the plants too so they can cool down a bit on really hot days.

No comments: